Is laying in a tanning bed bad for stretch marks?

While I was preggo I din't get any stretch marks until the very end. And every single one I got is on my butt, not another one any place else. I joke tho with my husband telling him it looks a if my butt got into a fight with a tiger. LOL But I was just wondering will laying in a tanning bed hurt them or make them worse? Thank you ladies.

JordonSawyer

Asked by JordonSawyer at 2:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Health

• It won't make them worse, it will just make them more visable cause they won't tan with the rest of your skin.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 2:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Durring the summer i used tanning lotion and layed in the sun..it helped on my stomach but no where else... ssorry
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 2:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about the tanning bed making your stretch marks worse.....I'd be worrying about the damage you're doing to your skin.
    Anonymous

• No but its a fast track to skin cancer. I have had skin cancer and am no sun bather at all but did do tanning beds a few times and doc thinks that might of been the culprit and he advises against them for ANYBODY. Trust me having skin cancer is no fun- i'll take the stretchmarks anyday
    cabinlover

Answer by cabinlover at 10:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2009