Do kids have deeper spiritual insight...

Or just an active imagination?

My four year old just said "when I get to be 100, then I have to be a baby and start over again, I did that before"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on May. 5, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe they do.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 11:48 AM on May. 5, 2012

• when my brother was little, he used to begin alot of sentences "when i was older."

when my daughter (Kaia) was between the ages of three and five, she would frequently say that we're all in a book. one day a friend of mine said, "what kind of book - a picture book?" Kaia: "no, a storybook. a fairytale storybook. and someone's reading it right now." friend: "who's reading it?" Kaia " 'I don't know,' said Kaia."
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:06 PM on May. 5, 2012

• Nope, just a more active imagination.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:34 PM on May. 5, 2012

• No, they have a more simplistic decidedly shallow view of the world, which is good. They have more imagination, imagination isn't depth.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:47 PM on May. 5, 2012

• The are more in tune with the "not so physical" world b/c they haven't been jaded yet by society.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:38 PM on May. 5, 2012

• Your child is closer (only being four) than we are, to the other side, having just come here four years ago. What was said to you is amazing. Truly amazing and a tiny glimpse of what life is really about. I believe kids these days are much more spiritual. There is a reason for this which remains to be seen. One has to have the eyes to accept this stuff or dismiss it as imagination. It is so incredible and profound if you are open minded.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:39 PM on May. 5, 2012

• A little bit of both...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:52 PM on May. 5, 2012

• I think they do. They are still pure and innocent. As they get older that innocence becomes tarnished by the local politics and the biases and bigotry around them.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:23 PM on May. 5, 2012

• She knows about reincarnation. Good for her. Most of us don't remember our previous lives, except in our subconcious mind. She has just come from the other side a mere four years ago. She's still connected, spiritually, to it. In a few years, she won't remember what she said. Many children remember that side for up to 13 years before they lose it. They can see and talk to visitors from that side. As they grow older, they lose that ability. Consider it a good sign. Imagination is a good dismissive argument. It's the one the adults in my life used on me when I tried to tell them what I saw. But when you're a child, imagination cannot explain knowing about reincarnation--or, in my case, seeing my dead great-grandmother smiling at me.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:37 PM on May. 6, 2012

• Is there a way to help her always remember and not "lose" it like the rest of us?

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:45 PM on May. 6, 2012