What do you think??

My period was due yesterday (the 4th) and it never showed. I took a test first thing this morning. An extremely faint line appeared after 2 minutes (the test allows 10 minutes before all results are considered invalid). But i'm not sure whether to take it as a positive or not. It was so faint that I couldnt tell whether the line was blue or gray (an evap line), this was before the 10 minute mark. I plan to test again in a few days just to be sure (assuming my period still hasnt shown). What do you all think, positive or just an evap line? Has this happened to anyone that has taken a test after a missed period? Just looking for some stories, advice, opinions, good thoughts. Oh and just out of curiousity I looked at the test again (its been 3 hours) and the faint line has not disappeared or gotten darker. I know this doesnt count because the time limit is way expired. I was just curious lol.

****Not asking if I am pregnant. I know you ladies cant tell me that :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on May. 5, 2012 in Trying to Conceive

• Honestly I would get digital test, there is no question with them.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:02 PM on May. 5, 2012

• I think waiting to test again in a few days is a good idea. I don't think it likely it's an evap line after only 2 minutes, though.

I had something similar happen when I was testing with my 2nd DS. It took a solid week and 8 different pregnancy tests before I got a conclusive answer.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:17 PM on May. 5, 2012

• retest
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:26 PM on May. 5, 2012

• Just test again in a few days with a digital test... No guesses, no "faint lines". Just "pregnant" or "not pregnant". Good luck!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:33 PM on May. 5, 2012

• I would say its valid, especially since it changed so quickly.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:55 PM on May. 5, 2012

• Same thing just happened to me!! You don't need to worry about evaporation lines unless the test you are using is a cheap one and you've checked back on it hours later. A line is a line and pregnant is pregnant!! If you are testing early that could be the reason for such a faint line but check back in a day or so and take another test...and tell us how it goes!! :D
    CassaLuna

Answer by CassaLuna at 5:08 PM on May. 9, 2012