How much do you play in your home?

Anonotroll in the remote question has me wondering.

It is non-stop goofing around in our house. When DH worked outside the house, his coming home ritual was to make a beeline to wherever DS was, pick him up, and "monster eat" him. DS is too big for that now, and DH works from home, so instead it's any time he comes downstairs, and instead of picking him up, he'll pop around a corner to scare him. Or, when DS hears him coming, he jumps on the couch, hides under the throw, and starts melodramatic screaming "OH NO DON'T GET ME"...at which point the tickle fights start.

If I walk past DS, he knows he's either getting a hug or he's getting the back of his neck tickled. When he walks past me, I know if I have the throw on my chair, it's probably going to get flipped over my head. When we're cooking dinner, we tell him we're putting extra onion (he hates onion) on his, and he knows it's a joke, and exaggerates his distress, throwing himself on the floor lamenting the cruel world. He hijacks the mouse on my computer, I stealth change the channel on him. His morning wake up is either me crawling next to him and exaggerated snoring, or DH bouncing the bed until he moves, usually greeted with swinging pillows, since he's faking, waiting for us to come in (the best part of this is watching him try to fake sleeping and keep a straight face - sometimes we drag out the walk from the door to the bed just to see how long before he loses it).

It's absolutely incomprehensible to me how life would be if the only "play" was playing board games or organized activities. Is our home really so out there?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:17 PM on May. 5, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Nope, we screw around all the time. I couldn't imagine having such a boring dull life with just board games for fun. Messing around makes my family pretty darn happy. If I told em the only fun Ning we could do is play games they'd string me up by my toes.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 12:19 PM on May. 5, 2012

• There are many homes like yours. Mine isn't one of them. We laugh and joke but not to the degreee your family does. Sounds like fun and I'm happy you all have such a great time with each other.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:21 PM on May. 5, 2012

• 13 yo "pets" baby and fiance whenever she walks past. baby laughs, fiance is like WTF?
    we regularly troll 13yo FB page and spell check her postings.
    then there's the flatulence jokes the kids play on one another (something about the loud a$$hole talking behind their backs)
    and don't get me started on the "check the water hose for blockage" jokes we play all summer long

i don't think we are so far out there
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:21 PM on May. 5, 2012

• If it is quiet in our home everyone is asleep or someone's getting into something. I love watching my younger two chase each other in circles, wrestle, etc. It's even better when my husband gets into it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:23 PM on May. 5, 2012

• We have NERF gun wars all the time... speaking of, we just found all the darts so it's time to lose them again!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:28 PM on May. 5, 2012

• My granddaughter figured out that the wireless mouse for my comp works in the dining room. So, not only can I not find the mouse, my cursor is all over the screen LOL
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 12:28 PM on May. 5, 2012

• All the time the fun never stops in my house
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 12:29 PM on May. 5, 2012

• absolutely we are constantly goofing - i asked hubby if he would literally think it was mean for me to do the remote thing, he said "man I wish I had thought of it first so I could do it to the kids" LOL, we hide cups the older kids set out so that when they come back from the bathroom or whatever they are wondering where they put it.

We laugh around here so much - to the point of tears rolling down our faces, having to catch our breath etc. If we are not laughing around here most of the time then you know there is something not so good happening in our lives
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:52 PM on May. 5, 2012

• My husband and I love sneaking up on the kids and...RAWR! Makes 'em jump and yell "DADDY" or "MOMMY" (whichever one of us does it, of course). Totally cute :D Gets 'em to smiling too.

We constantly harass each other, its quite fun in our house as well!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:10 PM on May. 5, 2012

• My kids play all the time, whenever they want. I missed the anon question, I need to look that up.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:15 PM on May. 5, 2012