What can your 5-month old do?

My son will be 5 months next Tuesday and I'm just wondering what he should be doing at this stage. I know all babies reach milestones at different stages, but I'd just like to know if he's in the normal range. Thanks in Advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son can roll over both ways, hold himself up on his arms, smile/giggle, eat with a spoon, and sit up on his own for about 30 seconds. He can pick up his toys and hold them, he can shake a rattle, he just learned how to THROW them (fun), he can push the big buttons on his toys, he can turn the pages of a book as long as their either soft or cardboard, he squeals and squauks lol, he looks when you call his name, he can eat his toes...and that's all I can think of.

His nurse was just here this morning and asked what all he can do now so I just think about all these earlier!!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My little guy turned 5 months on the 19th and he can roll all over the place, he smiles and laughs. He babbles like there's no tomorrow. I know he probably doesn't know what it means, but he does say A DA DA DA! He can move toys in his hands around and he scoots in circles on the floor to get to different toys. He likes to stand up on my lap, or on the ground, I hold on to his arms and hands. He squeals A LOT! I don't know about throwing stuff, but he drops it and looks for it. He likes to play peek a boo with his brother. He eats his toes and anything else he can get his mouth on! He has started to pull his knees up under him like he wants to crawl, but who knows!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2009