Speaking of orientation, would you really care if your child was gay/lesbian?

I would only care in that I think it's a tough road. I would support my kids completely. None of my gay friends have had it easy.

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 1:54 PM on May. 5, 2012 in Relationships

• This is the kind of life no parent wants for their children, but it is not our life to live but a life to support because being gay is not something that anyone picks on purpose, it is who they are.....and that the same child you gave birth and cared and loved, and that love should not have conditions of any kind.

Answer by older at 3:27 PM on May. 5, 2012

• I care because one is gay and she has so many obstacles on top of the normal day to day that other kids (adult kids) her age, I dont particularly love it but I love her and it hurts me to see her hurt.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 2:01 PM on May. 5, 2012

• Would I care? Yes I care about every aspect of their life. Would it change my love for them? No.

Answer by missanc at 1:55 PM on May. 5, 2012

• Not at all i would support them the whole way
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 2:05 PM on May. 5, 2012

meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:07 PM on May. 5, 2012

• I wouldn't care as long as my child were healthy and happy!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 2:06 PM on May. 5, 2012

• i would care b/c it would life hard for them but i would only want them to be happy
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 2:09 PM on May. 5, 2012

• No, I wouldn't care. The only thing that would be devastating for me was if they didn't want to be parents (be it the old fashioned way, invitro, surrogate, adoption...whatever) LOL! I know it is selfish, but I want grandchildren!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:29 PM on May. 5, 2012

• It wouldnt change anything. I would love them and support them. My older brother is gay, and it didnt affect anything in our family when he came out. Both of my parents handled it well, support him, and love him the same as do I.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:46 PM on May. 5, 2012

• Yes I would care... but I would not love them any less. I would care because if they got hurt in any way, I would be devastated. Well, I guess I do that now anyway...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:55 PM on May. 5, 2012