Speaking of orientation, would you really care if your child was gay/lesbian?

I would only care in that I think it's a tough road. I would support my kids completely. None of my gay friends have had it easy.

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 1:54 PM on May. 5, 2012 in Relationships

• This is the kind of life no parent wants for their children, but it is not our life to live but a life to support because being gay is not something that anyone picks on purpose, it is who they are.....and that the same child you gave birth and cared and loved, and that love should not have conditions of any kind.

Answer by older at 3:27 PM on May. 5, 2012

• I would care because I know that it would make life tougher for them. I will support my children no matter what and this is no different, I will always love them. I just wouldn't want to see them bullied or hurt by others because of it.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 4:59 PM on May. 5, 2012

• I would only be worried about what they may face but I will love them just the same
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:16 PM on May. 5, 2012

• Do you mean would it change how I feel about them? The answer is NO. But, I'd worry about them. Of course, I'd worry about them if they were straight too so....
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:59 PM on May. 5, 2012

• Yes I would care... but I would not love them any less. I would care because if they got hurt in any way, I would be devastated. Well, I guess I do that now anyway...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:55 PM on May. 5, 2012

• It wouldnt change anything. I would love them and support them. My older brother is gay, and it didnt affect anything in our family when he came out. Both of my parents handled it well, support him, and love him the same as do I.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:46 PM on May. 5, 2012

• No, I wouldn't care. The only thing that would be devastating for me was if they didn't want to be parents (be it the old fashioned way, invitro, surrogate, adoption...whatever) LOL! I know it is selfish, but I want grandchildren!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:29 PM on May. 5, 2012

• Yes- I would care a lot. Homosexual teens have an increased rate of suicide, alcoholism, drug addiction and depression- and that's the bare minimum of issues.

But- as long as they are able to find a loving caring supportive partner I don't care who it is
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:15 PM on May. 5, 2012

• i would care b/c it would life hard for them but i would only want them to be happy
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 2:09 PM on May. 5, 2012

• Would I care? Yes I care about every aspect of their life. Would it change my love for them? No.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:07 PM on May. 5, 2012