I need potty training help!!

I am so frustrated! Nothing is working.

My son is 2 1/2 and knows what the potty is & how to say potty. he'll tell me after he goes but not before. A few weeks before he turned 2 I was taking him every 15-20 minutes and had very few wet diapers (he wouldn't poop in the potty) but now I can't even get him to pee in the damn thing. I always have a 16 month old so I can't just leave the potty in the livingroom. I am frustrated. So PLEASE tell me what worked for you??

lizafur13

Asked by lizafur13 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try making a reward system for staying dry. Have a book of stickers, or small treats. Every 30 minutes ask if he is dry and if he needs to go. Reward him when he's still dry.
    Also, if you use pull ups during the day, stop. they're too much like diapers. I use thick cotton training pants, you can get plastic covers too to help contain the mess, but be consistent with with whatever you do.
    My son went through the same regression at about 2 1/2, but we got back on top of things, and now he's pretty consistent and has even started pooping in the potty. I've learned though that you do all you can, but it's still on their terms lol. Good luck!
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 3:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Sorry it's supposed to say I also have a 16 month old.. Not always. Lol
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2009