private area pains..what is that?

I am 29 weeks pregnant and I have been experiencing a sharp pain in my private area. For example when I sit down I find it hard to get up because The pain gets worse. Like sometimes it hurts so bad I can't walk. Has any one eles had this pain? If so what did you do to make it go away, does it even go away? What does it mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the exact same pains. Sitting was fine but when I would get up to walk or move it was horrible, coudn't walk, I would start to walk and stop to breathe and let the pain ease away it was so bad.
    My doctor said it was just growin pains and the baby getting situated. I just toughed it out. Tried to rest and put my feet up when I could. I would just massage the area where you would get the sharp pains when I was sitting. I would also get a washcloth and soak it in some hott hott water and hold it where the sharp pains were. That helped a lot.
    My mom said to try icy hott but check with your doctor before you try that. I didn't do it because I dont like it reguarly.
    The pains are horrible. I hope this helps be strong. Just breath out the pains. :)
    mgurl

Answer by mgurl at 2:36 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I'm 31 weeks and have had those same pains off and on for weeks. My OB told me not to worry it's just b/c of your changing body. Your pelvis spreading and your hips starting to widen. I get them in bed a lot, I just take a tylenol and relax.... They got worse for me, luckily they aren't all the time!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• It is the pubic bone spreading... feels like someone kicked you in the crotch! It goes away when baby comes... unfortunately. You're almost there. Icing it might help.
    SummerBug

Answer by SummerBug at 3:14 PM on Jan. 27, 2009