Diet pills or something to jump start

I have been working out about 4-5 times a week for a few months and my weight hasn't budged. Part of it is due to the fact that I just stopped nursing. I realize that I need to decrease my caloric intake and increase the calories that I burn, but I'd like to take Dexetrim or something like that for a week or two just to jump start my body. Any product recommendations for short term (less than 30-days) use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I imagine that if you take a diet pill to jump start, you'll just be losing water weight. I'm not sure that's the most efficient or healthiest way for you to lose the weight. Try lowering your calories like you suggested. Increase your resistence training since muscle helps you burn calories faster. Look at what youre eating to make sure you're not getting empty calories, but vitamins and nutrients that will help you get more solid. Good luck!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Yeah, I'm working with a personal trainer and completely understand the whole diet pill and water weight thing. Trust me, if I saw this question, I would respond just like you. But, if I don't lose a lb. or two soon, I know myself. I know that I'm going to get discouraged and will be unlikely to put any more effort into it. Excuses, I know.
    Anonymous

• Drink All natural No sugar added Cran ( Knedson) is a good brand. Mix 1 cup of Cran with 7 glasses of water. Drink it all day. It really helps you. Good luck
    Anonymous

• Well first let me say if you are exercising 4-5 times a week and eating a healthy diet and your weight hasn't budged I try a different workout. You may be doing too much toning and not enough cardio! Jillian Michaels of The Biggest Loser has a drink you drink for one week to remove excess water weight. And it's not a permanent solution but it can motivate you. 60 ounces distilled water, 1 tbl. sugar free cranberry juice, 2 tbls. lemon juice and one dandelion root tea bag (I use PMS tea by Traditional Medicinals found at the Natures Market of my grocery store). Just mix it in a pitcher and drink one pitcher full a day for a week. I lost 8 pounds of water weight that week and it did motivate me to lose actual fat and workout regularly
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:21 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• OK. I am on anon. The best diet pill over the counter is Stackers XPLC. Don't get the regular kind or else you won't lose as fast. Take it right before you eat a meal and don't too late at night. It will keeep you up. But it does not cause heart palpitations or get red in the face from blood pressure rise and there is no after effect of jittery feelings. Believe me I have tried them all. Trimspa is good but the after effect are why Anna Nicole acted so funny. They were too strong..............
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jan. 28, 2009