Relinquishment of parental rights

My DD bio dad wants to give up rights to her and is in a huge hurry to do so. We are meeting at our local court house today to fill out the necessary paper work, but how long is the whole process? From what I understand we still need to see a judge and all that shinanigans. If you have gone through this how long did it take to complete the whole process?

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 2:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• One of my best friends just went through it and it did take a bit. She had to file and have a judge sign on it and the judge still made sure her ex understood what it meant to give up his rights, questioned her, and her spouse etc. Once everything was looked at they terminated his rights and her husband adopted her dd. I think for her it took around 6 mths.

Answer by gemgem at 2:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• oh wow that is a long time. Was that including the adoption too? My Husband is adopting my DD as well
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2009