17 weeks with sharp cervical pain??

I'm 17wks and 3 days and for the last week I've been having horrible sharp pains in my cervix and vaginal area? This is my 4th pregnancy (1 miscarriage) and never had anything like this before?

mamaof2748

Asked by mamaof2748 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i do remember having some sharp pain at times and the dr. said that my body was getting into position for the baby stretching and the baby was growing so my body had to adjust or get ready for the change. depending on how big your other kids were at birth and the time in between could have alot to do with it try to stay off your feet when possible just to make sure you are not over doing it slow down on the laundry and cleaning for a bit see if it helps you. good luck
    jops

Answer by jops at 10:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• ok have u called ur docter? bc it could be nothing but u can never be too careful ok bc i had 5 misscarries and well not good, i would honestly go to the hospital NOW dont wait ok u can never be too careful
    danielle10586

Answer by danielle10586 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I had that with my second baby. I was very concerned as well and the doctors just told me that the more babies you have the more you feel in those areas. So I assume that can be normal. And I carried my baby fullterm and she was healthy. I would still suggest talking to your doctor and making sure that it isn't anything serious.
    JJzMaMa87

Answer by JJzMaMa87 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• very important you go to the doctor! i was having sharp cervical pain when i was about 17 weeks pregnant. i was at work when i was 22 weeks pregnant and started having major contractions. went to the hospital and they told me i had a short cervix. im now on bed rest. if i hadnt gone to the hospital and now on bedrest i would have lost the baby. please call your doctor or go in to see them and have them check your cervix. better safe then sorry
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 2:39 AM on Jul. 21, 2008