clingy baby

my little girl is 6 months and she is sooo clingy if my hubby is holdig her she wants me to hold herbut then she starts screaming so i hand her back to my hubby and she sreams for me again not only is she clingy its a crabby clingy(she cant even nap wiyh out being on my or my hubbys shoulder). i do everything check for dirty butt, feed her everything i just want her to have a tiny little bit of independince what should i do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• does she have reflux? reflux babies tend to be a little clingier. Try sitting down on the floor with her and playing with toys. She will start to see that it's not only ok, but fun to be down and playing.
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 2:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• lol.. my daughter just started this too.. I got a baby carrier so that I can hold her during the day and still get stuff done. She seems to like it, just chillin with mommy. If I have to hand her off tho I make sure to hand her off and walk out of the room. Once I'm gone for a few minutes she seems to forget and play with whoever is holding her.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I wish I had a solution for you, but my daughter is doing the exact same thing and I am at a loss. The only time I have to get anything done is when she is asleep, so needless to say my housework is way behind at this point.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My son is now 11 months and just beginning to let me leave the room without bringing him with me. I used to have to carry him from room to room with me all day long. Finally I was tired of it so I would leave him with a really fun toy and leave for like 5 seconds and come back and now I can usually leave and do a short task, like change the laundry around, before he misses me. He had a really sensitive belly so I think that may be why he became was so needy. He just got so used to being with us all the time, so maybe your baby is like that also.
    MelissaLea84

Answer by MelissaLea84 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009