From an outsiders view, how would you read this?

Over the last 6 months, things have gotten shaky with my bf. I have started noticing that when I am with him, I feel bad about myself as a parent, as a person. There are rarely kind words from him. There is no affection. More nights than I care to number, he goes to sleep in the living room and then comes to bed sometime during the night. When he does go to bed with me, he rolls away.
I went out last Fri. and got a bit of a buzz. One of his best friends was there. Now he and I have been friends for years also. I trust him with my life. I have always felt safe with him. With all the junk going on at home, I kinda snapped. I went to the friends house. I think I just needed someone to make me feel good about myself. We both agreed that we wanted each other, and Ialmost took that leap.....but something stopped me. Not just hurting my bf...something more. That when I came to this man, I wanted to be free. I wanted to be his.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I think you know it's time to move on and you want to be able to do so without any guilt. If you truly believe that being with this other guy is right and will make you happy, then that is what you should do.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Since you are a parent, and if the child is your boyfriend's, then you need to take his feelings into consideration. How would you feel if the shoe were on the other foot and he came to you and told you that he was attracted to your friend and wanted to leave you for her. Since there is a child involved this is not as simple as it might be if you did not have the small human being to think of. Talk with your boyfriend and ask why he seems to feel that the relationship is not worth saving. He may be tired of you, or noticing that you are tired of him. Talk with him and get this out in the open so decisions can be made.

Answer by Bmat at 2:55 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• You know where your relationship with your current bf stands. If he makes you feel like less of a person than you really are its time to move on...but not to his friend. That would cause more harm than good.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 3:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2009