I need help with Fried Chicken!

I usually coat mine with eggs and then flour and fry in veg. oil. It just never seems to turn out right. Do you season your flour or the chicken? What seasonings and batters do you use? Thanks!!!

rcbrown

Asked by rcbrown at 2:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I do mine like my Grandma taught me. I soak my chicken in buttermilk for an hour or so. Then dredge it in flour that is seasoned with salt and paper. Cast ironh skillet is best. Make sure your oil is hot but not smoking. don't crowd the pieces, turn ONCE. After the chicken is cook drain all but 2 tablespoons of grease out. srinkle just enough flour to soak up the grease left. brown it a bit then slowly pour in the buttermilk ( about a cup and a half I guess)...stir until thick and bubbly. Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans..lol..sorry I know you only asked about chicken..but i gave you the whole meal.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I season the chicken. Then you dip it in the egg and then the flour. I use season salt. I dont really use the eggs anymore just flour.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 2:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• BUTTERMILK SOAK!

Yum.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• GrnEyedGrandma hit the nail on the head. This is exactly how I do mine. Insert biscuit if so desired, lol.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 3:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I Do The Buttermilk Soak Also!

If I Don't Have An Hour To Soak I Do The Quickie Method, Flour, Egg Wash, Flour.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 12:08 AM on Jan. 28, 2009