How can you be a religious nut (go to church 3 times a week) and watch shows like Trueblood?

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on May. 6, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• can be a 'religious nut' and not ever darken the doors of a church.

thanks for ASSuming those who attend services regularly are nuts, though.

Answer by dullscissors at 11:43 AM on May. 6, 2012

• a real religious nut like harold camping probably doesn't spend his time watching True Blood. 

normal everyday people with all the screws and bolts intact that also happen to be devout believers, on the other hand, may find some entertainment in True Blood. i don't think their god cares what they watch. 

Answer by tnm786 at 12:33 PM on May. 6, 2012

• Not a religious nut (though I did USED to be) and I don't watch "True Blood" because vampires bore me. There are better programs, on Animal Planet network, about predators and blood.

Answer by witchqueen at 1:24 PM on May. 6, 2012

• I'm an Orthodox Jew (hardly a religious nut, though, whatever that is) and I loved "The Tudors", it's my favorite show, the only one I've ever bought on DVD.
    So, am I a hypocrite because I can distinguish entertainment and leisure from my actual values and beliefs?
    Maybe. Who cares?

Answer by momto2boys973 at 1:43 PM on May. 6, 2012

• Being religious doesn't mean you can't enjoy entertainment... I don't see the connection here at all!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:52 PM on May. 6, 2012

• On the list of things hypocritical, this is about the severity of a broken nail.

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:51 PM on May. 6, 2012

• How can anyone who has an ounce of intellect watch true blood?

Answer by Sekirei at 8:11 PM on May. 6, 2012

• Awesome answer, SW

Answer by popzaroo at 10:22 PM on May. 6, 2012

• 'Cuz it's good shit, and most people (yes, even those religious "nuts") are smart enough to know the difference between fiction and real life..

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:29 PM on May. 6, 2012

• ??? And I suppose OP is a pias monk who lives in solitary at the top of the highest peak? Because THAT is righteousness.

eye rolling

Answer by -Eilish- at 2:45 PM on May. 7, 2012