why is my stomach smushy and im pregnant

sometimes when i wake up after laying on my stomach it feels a little tight but it doesn't hurt then later on it feels smushy like i can push it in is that normal

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• as long as you can feel them move if you are that far then it is fine mine did that too
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 3:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• that would depend greatly on how many weeks pregnant you are.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i take it you aren't very far along or you wouldn't be able to lay on your stomach to begin with. once the baby gets big enough for it not be comfortable to lay on your stomach then it will be less "squishy". also depends on how fat your stomach is before you got pregnant(not trying to be mean or anything..I am far from having a flat tummy area myself!) If you have more fat layer there its going to be more squishy longer.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, how far along are you? If you're still early in your pregnancy your stomach is not going to feel hard for a while. Your uterus is still under that layer of woman fat in your lower belly.
    Anonymous

• yeah i am between 17 - 18 weeks 220 and short that could be it but im not sure if i felt the baby move yet because i heard it feels like butterflies or somethin and i dont remeber anything like that but sometimes it feels like when you get that thumpin feelin in your eye and sometimes i try to lay on my back and feel around for the baby and i dont feel anything but fatness lol
    Anonymous