How long do you run your in home daycare?

How long do you run your in home day care?
What's your schedule?
How many children and what ages?
Do your children like it or no?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on May. 6, 2012 in Money & Work

• I do not have one but the one my son attended was open Monday to Friday 6am to 6pm, would still be available for parents who did not have some of the major holidays off and she was closed for 2 weeks in the summer (advanced notice was given) but for one of those weeks she had someone else come in so it was really just one week parents would have to find an alternative or take off from work.

She had children from newborns to those who needed before/after school care.
    My son loved it and she also had an fulltime assistant.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:49 AM on May. 6, 2012

• I watched kids whatever hours the parents needed- basically it worked out anywhere from 5am to 7pm
    my kids HATED it. They didn't like other kids bothering their stuff
    I had one parent who thought it was ok to pick her kids up whenever and to call and ask me to keep them while she went for drinks after work- then proceeded to write me a bad check for the last week I had them...
    live and learn (I didn't have any kind of contract with them-but if I were to ever do it again I would!)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:50 AM on May. 6, 2012

• I have all the forms and organization. I'm more scared that I won't like the hours... Even though my son and I start our day around 6:30a-7:00a.. I always wanted a ""9-5"" job before I had my son because I like set times and schedules, and I prefer to be my own boss and i love kids, so this seemed perfect! But I kinda feel like I'm getting cold feet, what if I don't like it?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:01 PM on May. 6, 2012

• Give yourself plenty of time to adjust fully and get the "kinks" out. The first few months of anything can be a stressful adjustment. But if you learn it isn't for you then give your parents plenty of advanmce notice that you will no longer do it. Nothing ventured nothing gained. I have a feeling you will do just fine! GL
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:06 PM on May. 6, 2012

• Thanks. I been doing all business side for few months. Just cold feet now that I'm ready to start.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:43 PM on May. 6, 2012

• Maybe offer like 7 AM to 5 PM. Put the hours that work for you. It may take longer to get clients. But If it works for you and you can afford to wait it will be much better in the end. Good Luck....
    Anonymous

• Our daycare runs 630 to 6pm. The kids love it. Only one child so far out of the whole school did not, but now he does because he made some more friends. I work there and love it too :) My boss just started a year ago and she's doing a great job. A lot of her clients are family and friends.
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 10:06 PM on May. 8, 2012