Does anyone wear trifocals and how long did it take you to get used to them?

I just picked up my new trifocal glasses. I've heard it takes time to get used to them and was wondering if anyone has them and how they did getting used to them. I'm doing pretty good so far!

timsmom95

Asked by timsmom95 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Health

• I actually am supposed to wear a bifocal.. but I could not adjust to it. It wasn't just the lenses, it was the whole glasses thing. Right now, I am wearing the one bifocal contact lens thing. It's alot better than my reading glasses.. but still not 100%. I don't like having to take glasses out of my purse in the stores... I would say it might take a couple of weeks to become fully adjusted.. The weird part is when you are walking... don't look down.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 3:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• It took me about 3 weeks to get fully adjusted to bifocals..and only a day or two to the trifocals.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I wear bifocals....I have progressive lenses. It took a while, but I think after a couple of weeks it was pretty much second nature for me....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:35 PM on Jan. 27, 2009