Woule you ever call for help from "Supernanny"?

And, if you did, would you actually use her suggestions after she was gone?

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Entertainment

• I would not call but I do like her show and watch it if it is on.

I don't turn my nose down at ANY good advice!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I have thought about it because my two year old is a terror. But I would hate to have someone watching every little thing I do. But if she did come to my house and the things she suggested actually helped I would definently continue to use her advice.
    Anonymous

• No. But thats mostly because a lot of the parents on the show are 1)lazy about their parenting 2) don't do ANY discipline (and what little discipline there is, they don't follow through) and a lot of those parents should really spank their kids....(if you don't believe in spanking, thats ok, but don't bash it if your kid needs one and you just don't deal it out..lol)

I've only seen a few episodes where the parents were really trying and it just wasn't working (like the mom with 6 kids whose hubby was deployed)
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• No, I don't think we really need her to come to our home. Not that I think we are perfect or anything, but I was taught a lot of the same techniques that the super nanny does from my own parents... so I already had been using the same things super nanny uses prior to her coming out with her show. I DO wish I could call for my sister and her husband though... they so need some outside intervention.
    cmy3kids

Answer by cmy3kids at 4:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Love, love, love her show. I try to use her suggestions, but they don't work as well for me. I do wish I could get her over here without having to be on TV to do it. lol
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Thankfully, my family has never been that out of control, but if I was so in over my head parenting that I was tempted to call that show, then yes, that's a show I would contact, and I would be willing to give their techniques a shot, because obviously, whatever it was I was doing wasn't working, so why not give it a shot?

LOL - but then again, maybe it's easy for me to say this because I agree with a lot of the techniques they use.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• No I would not call the show the shows I have seen the kids are spoiled brats and needed a good spanking along time ago I have 5 kids and have been a mother for almost 22 years my children are far from perfect but they do have manners and respect.
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Since your asking here is my thinking on that show. It's crap if you need to have nanny 911 come to your house it's because your a failure as a parent. And your not doing your job. I have a piece of advice if your kids act anything like some of the kids on the show, Beat their asses. period.
    Anonymous

• I think I could use Nannys advice some days. I've got two boys....2 and 3. Im pretty sure I would take all the advice and techniques I could get. I dont see anything wrong with having someone else help you in raising your children. It's not like they are staying around forever, they are there to help you and your family be happier and just a well mannered family.
    Khris316

Answer by Khris316 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i would love to call her to come help my sister out.... seriously, she has no control over her 3 kids and it drives me crazy
    eviesmom453

Answer by eviesmom453 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2009