Does anyone know of any Homebased Businesses that REALLY work?

I have been exploring the internet to find a job I can do online. There are so many ones out there! I don't want to get roped into a scam. I would greatly appreciate any advice or direction. Thank You,
Leah

Sow_and_Reap

Asked by Sow_and_Reap at 3:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• I'm taking registrations for several companies looking for telecommuters and ‘home workers'. You can work p/t or f/t for all the places I have listed. I'm also registered with all of the companies and know they are legitimate. Please look at the Top 5 free ways to earn at home at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Hey girl. Yes, I found one. I work for DiamondCreek Candles and I love it. The comissions are great and the products pretty much sell themselves. check out my link below and if you are interested, sign up for FREE and I can have you up and running as early as tomorrow. Please let me know if you have any questions. I'm here anytime.

Staci
    http://www.diamondcreekcandles.com/reps/staci1228.php
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• There are all kinds of work at home opportunities out there- I am affiliated with Jerly Direct, The Gourmet Cupboard, The Country Girl Delights, Inspirations From The Heart, and Daydreamer Gifts- if you would like to more about these companies just ask away!
    nonnieof3

Answer by nonnieof3 at 5:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I know of a way you can make some money at home if you are interested?
    BARBMASTEL1

Answer by BARBMASTEL1 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• yep - Monavie - amazing product - healthy, 100% natural - very very generous comp plan - simple direct - i just share with everyone I know - no quotas, no inventory - jsut sharing and introducing everyone to an amazing healthy product - amazing team that supports, educates, and helps you to succeed - all my mom friends just love it - amazing for the entire family -
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 5:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• The best thing you can do is to start your own business.  Just use your creativity and your talents.  You could be up and running by this evening.  If I can do it, anyone can.  What I did was to start my website:  www.stuffformoms.info.  It offers ideas for businesses you too can start.  What makes it unique is that I have linked back to three of my own businesses that I run:  Errand Service, Advertising Service and Virtual Assistant.  Feel free to use mine as examples to start your own. 

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 6:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Hello, I have a home based business wiht AmeriPlam. It is a great company. We offer dental and health discount packages to people who are in need of them as well has help train others to start their own business. If you would like to know more about AmeriPlan, check out my profile! It is full of information. Any questions, just IM me!
    GoGreenMom68

Answer by GoGreenMom68 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• It really depends on what you can do. If your background is graphic design, you could freelance from home. If you copy edit, that can be done online. If you've been a legal secretary and can transcribe, there may be work there. Alot of ladies mentioned child care. Could you give piano lessons? Drive a school bus taking your child with you? Etc. The other thing you need to consider is how much money you need to make and how much of a time offset will occur in money saving things you do at home. In other words if your at home job takes up 30 hours a week, will you have to stop cooking from scratch, buying clothes at the thrift store, etc. What will it cost you to work, even at home? If you search out speciality jobs you may want to consider contacting businesses directly and seeing if they use at home people. Each job would have it's own job search approach.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 1:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• - Set your financial goals -- Are you just looking for extra income or a potential full-time income? How long (and hard) are you willing to work to meet your goal?

- Determine if you are looking for a JOB or a BUSINESS -- there is a distinct difference between the two and you want to focus your energies appropriately for the best results.

- If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Build a list and use that to begin your search. General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses). I recommend checking out the Telecommuting Moms folder here at WAHM.com for leads on home JOBS. I also have some resources for freelance work and telecommuting jobs on my Work From Home site.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Make $$ and cut your grocery bill in half!!!!

I am a distributor for The Gourmet Cupboard. Even when times are tough and people can't afford 'nonessentials' they are going to buy food. Our products are all quality, homemade, affordable foods. You can do home shows, craft fairs, farmers markets, retail, baskets, websales, or just sell to friends and family and enjoy your discount.

Contact me for more info.
    Karli Land
    karlisemail@yahoo.com
    706-204-8914
    KarliLand

Answer by KarliLand at 1:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2009