I don't think I'm even invited to my (evil) 1/2 sis's baby shower.....

I guess I really don't care, but it's my dad, who wants the "divided family" crap to stop. She still owes me (for 2 mos now) for her girl scout cookies, & I remember telling my dad that since I had to cover the cost of those for her, I wouldn't have much to spend on her shower gift. If he told her that, then she is the type to not invite me b/c she won't get something big or expensive. What would you think if your stepmom & half sibling snubbed you?!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 1:37 PM on May. 6, 2012 in Relationships

• I don't allow that type of junk into my life. I wouldn't even want to go. I am a no drama mama!
    iwicked

Answer by iwicked at 2:11 PM on May. 6, 2012

• I wouldnt want to even go, so no big deal. Even if you are invited, I wouldnt go lol
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 1:40 PM on May. 6, 2012

• And to make your dad happy, why not just send her a card with something small inside, like a baby headband. Cheap. Easy. And at least your dad sees that you cared, invited or not.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:17 PM on May. 6, 2012

• Well if it is brought up I would say "I wasn't invited". If they assumed that you knew about it then it is their problem not yours.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 2:18 PM on May. 6, 2012

• Just tell your dad that you are busy that day and go do something else. My in-laws get bummed out when we can't be at their beck-and-call all the time. We have our lives to live too.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 2:58 PM on May. 6, 2012

• If they don't invite because of a size and cost of a gift.. i wouldn't even bother.. but if you want to do it for your dad.. i say be the bigger person and don't stoop to their level it's childish and stupid.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 3:05 PM on May. 6, 2012

• What does it matter if you don't like her?
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 2:06 PM on May. 6, 2012

• I agree with iwicked. I wouldnt go anyways, no need for stupid BS in your life. Family or not, I choose no drama. So if that cuts people out, oh well..
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:16 PM on May. 6, 2012

• ^^^^Like I said, I'd go for my dad's sake. But I guess if they don't invite me, then I don't need to worry about it. I just don't want them saying I didn't come. I've never gotten a text, pc, email or snail mail about it.
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 2:16 PM on May. 6, 2012

• go any way ...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 10:01 PM on May. 6, 2012