• In the Spotlight:

Is it possible for a baby to hide in your back?? HELP!!!

Hi mommies, i have a quick question for you im 16 weeks..17 this friday. At my last doc appt. Jan 7th my OB had a hard time finding my babies heartbeat he said she was hiding but when he found it he said it sounded perfect. I have a beebe heart monitor that you can buy at Walmart, on my 1st baby (a boy) i could use that thing 24/7 and always find the heartbeat immediantly with no problems.. with this baby i can hear what sounds like a little bit of movement in the water and maybe a little heart beat.. it really worries me.. my mom said with me and my sister we would always hide in the back and there was several times that a stress test had to be done to make sure we was ok. Has anyone else expereinced a hard to find not interested in moving around alot baby at this stage in pregnancy. My little boy moved non stop from day one. Any advice would be great.

newmommy7608

Asked by newmommy7608 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have that i would think your talking about me,from the walmart monitor which is horrible i got a regular doppler and it made it better.
    But the baby is so far in the back area,i will have horrible back labor and it makes it hard to feel the baby as easy during exams but the baby is very healthy and active,hurts my back allot but it's healthy and that is what matters:>)
    Anonymous

• You might have an anterior placenta, it can make it more difficult to hear, but perfectly fine & safe.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Me and my hubby was just talking about how much my back hurts with this pregnancy!
    newmommy7608

Answer by newmommy7608 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• A girl I know from high school caught and made a triple play on the softball field the night before the morning she gave birth to a healthy little girl. She had her period all the way through the pregnancy, and the baby was carried so far back and so low that she didn't even know she was pregnant!

She called her parents' house after going to the dr's office for what she thought were just really bad cramps. She said, "Mom, I'm having a baby." Her mom responds, "AMANDA! YOU'RE PREGNANT?!" Amanda says, "No, I'm HAVING a baby, right NOW!"

Be thankful you even know! Talk about a surprise! And yes, Lydia is living proof babies can hide!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Do any of you feel more movement or anything mor etowards your sided to your back?
    I hear the heartbeat easier to the sides than where you would normally hear it.
    I had an ultrasounds to see this it was too funny what your body can do.
    But i'm fine,have major backaches but happy to be a mom in June.
    Anonymous

• Matobe thanks for sharing that.
    Anonymous

• Matobe that was a really cool story.. I love watching the new tv show i think it comes on discovery health about women who didnt know they was pregnant and ended up having twins. and they all come out completly healthy.. you know somebody had a hand in keeping mom, and babies safe through out the 9 months.
    newmommy7608

Answer by newmommy7608 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Scary, huh?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• hmmmm the last baby to "hide in my back" was because I was having twins and no one knew..including me! No ultrasounds were ever done for some reason...except one was scheduled for my 6th month..but never got to it as I went into premature labor at 26 weeks..and THEN the twins were discovered..just a thought..LOL
    Del672

Answer by Del672 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Twins run in the family and being how big i'am already and i have until June and how the baby is more in the back everyone jokes,must be twins...lol
    Anonymous