Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Bumps

Will you pay your DH/SO childsupport if he lost his job?

My Dh would be in jail if he think I will pay one dime for his chilsupport.

Answer Question

Asked by mamaofficer at 7:24 PM on May. 6, 2012 in Relationships

Level 31 (50,120 Credits)
Answers (18)
  • wait....

    I get it, would I pay the CS for my current SO. Yes, if we were in a committed relationship, his kids would be my kids.

    Answer by iwicked at 7:27 PM on May. 6, 2012

  • Yes, why would that matter?

    Answer by iwicked at 7:25 PM on May. 6, 2012

  • Mhmm

    Answer by Simplicity3 at 7:27 PM on May. 6, 2012

  • I'm really confused by these questions. So you're saying that if your husband had a child support obligation and lost his job there is no way you would help him make the child support payments?

    Just want to make sure I understand

    Answer by BrawnwynII at 7:29 PM on May. 6, 2012

  • If he has lost his job. The best thing for him to do is go to Child Support Enforcement, explain to them what happened.
    Possibly they will assist you in getting it adjusted. If not take it back before the Judge and ask that it be adjusted.

    Answer by Ultimate at 3:02 PM on May. 7, 2012

  • I wish my ex can find somebody just like you.

    Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 7:28 PM on May. 6, 2012

  • When I had steps and had to work because the ex- couldn't and got behind- I allowed the CS to come out of my taxes.

    We were too broke at the time for me to pay the monthly (and I felt bad for that) but the refund had no effect on our day to day lives. It was "bonus" and those children deserved it.

    Answer by feralxat at 7:41 PM on May. 6, 2012

  • I am confused by this question are you asking if my DH had kids with another woman and lost his job would I help pay the CS until he found a new one? Or are you asking if an ex lost a job would I help him out? An ex, I would only give CS IF he was the one with custody of the kids (which would NEVER happen), if my DH had kids with another woman (which he doesn't) yes I would do that. He is my husband, he helps me pay my bills why wouldn't I help him?

    Answer by AF4life at 7:43 PM on May. 6, 2012

  • If my husband had kids by another woman, he'd be paying ME child support.

    Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:39 PM on May. 6, 2012

  • It would depend. If he was a guy like my ex and didn't pay child support when he did have a job (and I wouldn't be with him under those circumstances, but assuming those are the circumstances), no I would not. If he's not living up to his responsibilities on his own, I'm NOT taking over for him. He's an adult, he needs to do it himself.

    If, however, he pays his child support when he has a job, and is actively seeking other work, then yes, I suppose I would help him out by paying it until he found a new job, so that he wouldn't get behind and the kids wouldn't suffer. But, I will also say that if it came down to a choice between feeding my own kids and paying his child support...his kids have a mother, my kids only have me, so feeding my kids would trump his child support. Their mother would have to find a way to make do until he got another job.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 8:40 PM on May. 6, 2012

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.