Has your husband switched from night shift to day shift?

My husband has been on the 7pm-7am shift for 7 years now. In June he will be going to the 7am-7pm shift. This has been something that I have wanted for a long time. Now that it is happening, I am a bit worried. How long it it take to adjust? My husband is more of a night person and I have grown accustomed to having the bed and the night to myself.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:27 PM on May. 6, 2012 in Money & Work

• does he ever tey to stay up at all on his weekends- or swich at times so he can do things during the day?
    mine works nights- same shift...but on his weekends, he will stay up until noon-ish on his first day and sleep kinda random hours so he can be up *some* in the daytime. When he has switched shifts entirely it takes a week or two for him to adjust
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:54 PM on May. 6, 2012

• He works one week on, one week off. On his off week he will gradually switch to sleeping at night but it is toward the end of the week.
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 10:02 PM on May. 6, 2012

• My husband switches every 4 months. When I was working 12 hour shifts it took me about 2 weeks to adjust to the switch from days to nights.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:03 PM on May. 6, 2012

• My dh does both and it crazy but it's what his job requires
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 11:44 PM on May. 6, 2012