In need of advice on Car buying

I need some help with knowing what to look for when i go car shopping soon , I'm going to to be buying a used my car is trying to give out and with the LO's I'm going to need something to drive. Can you give some advice on what to look out for when buying clues to know if it's a lemon or not, some advice on good makes and models and what to stay away from, this all i can get right now any suggestions on what to do, I'm single and please no bashing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on May. 6, 2012 in Shopping

• http://www.carbuyingtips.com/used.htm

This is one of many guides.

iwicked

Answer by iwicked at 10:08 PM on May. 6, 2012

• Do you have any idea what type of vehicle you are looking for? Van, SUV, car, ect? Also, features to look for would depend on where you live. A block heater is a must in places like MN, ND, SD, but not necessary in places like FL, TX, ect. Also, the terrain you live in would determine whether you want 4-wheel drive or not.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:14 PM on May. 6, 2012

• We always have them put a warranty on the used cars we buy.
    The last two we have gotten at Carmax- and that is where we will go again for the next one
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:15 PM on May. 6, 2012

• how many little ones do you have? once u see something you like and is in budget pull your carseats from your current car and put them in the new one. your salesman will probably help. make sure they fit and the kids and u will have enough leg room. think of truck. stroller? double stroller? groceries too? if you have a surprise or oops baby will that carseat fit? do you carpool? kids bring a friend to the zoo? don't be afraid to ask for extras and freebies. warranty, gas card, oil changes, etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:18 PM on May. 6, 2012

• Before you step on to the lot narrow down the cars that you are interested in to between 4-5 choices. Do your research on each car and know what the blue book price is before you step on to the lot. If you have a friend to bring with you I would and preferably one with a car. Get preapproved for a loan that way you know what you can afford and don't tell the dealer how much you are approved for.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 10:35 PM on May. 6, 2012