How is it women get cheated on yet have no idea that it is going on?

I have never understood how women get cheated on yet are so shocked when they find out it happened, like there were no red flags that something maybe going on. Can someone explain this to me please

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Relationships

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • Um...ignorance is bliss......until they get off cafemom...stop cleaning the house and realize oh $hit where is my hubby? Some women will look the other way anyways. I 've heard some women say, well as long as he doesn't leave I'm ok with him getting sex on the side.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• It's called trust. They trust their man and believe what he tells them even if there are red flags that they ask about. You're supposed to be able to trust the person you're with, so it's really not that hard to believe that there are women who have no idea that something is going on.
    Anonymous

• i agree... i think its just denial... you don't want to believe it, so you don't or you ignore it... some women are too scared...
    sweetmama8

Answer by sweetmama8 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Oh boy!!! It's really complicated, some men are such good artists, that you can never tell!
    promisenatalia

Answer by promisenatalia at 3:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Sometimes there aren't any signs. Yes, I know, someone will reply that there are always signs but no, not always. For example, if your S/O normally worked long hours and late nights you'd think nothing of questioning him about that because it's what he usually did anyway. Yes sometimes it is denial and everything else that was already replied but not always.
    Anonymous

• I say...if someone can actually whole heartedly say that they didn't see ANY signs of an affair then they never took the time to affair proof their relationship to begin with. If there are loopholes...something might happen and might not be noticed.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Well maybe I just look at it like if you are living with someone you pretty much know they routine, and how they do things and if they are cheating something would be noticeable to me, maybe I am wrong, and even though yes you should trust your SO/DH I dont ever think anyone should be trusted to the point where you are in denial

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i like anon 12:52 hit it on the head. IT's called trust. we don't want to believe someone we love would do that to us.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• They don't see the red flags because of their fat asses are on the couch stuffing their faces instead of being in the gym getting their before baby bodies back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Wow anon that was harsh. And not always the case, either!! I had a friend that looked like she could've been in Playboy (only she was all natural) and her hubby STILL cheated on her.
    Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 28, 2009