Looking for help in finding a good attorney to fight Child Custody/Parenting Time Establishment in Minnesota. Any Recommendations?

She is 10 yrs old. He has never met her or wanted to meet her. Now he is married, and his wife thinks its time.
I have a good job, own my house, never married, and provide her with private school education. We have very strong community ties.
I just think that him coming back after 10 years is not in her best interest.
I really need a good lawyer that is not a fathers rights advocate, which I seem to be finding alot of!
I am not a bad person, I just want what is best for her.

KateeG

Asked by KateeG at 3:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Jennifer Macaulay....Email:jenmacaulay@visi.com
    Caliea

Answer by Caliea at 7:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Hi fellow Minnesotan!! Try google or yahoo search for attorneys, I have found tons of them that way. That's how we found our last attorney.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:09 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• try www.avvo.com (that is 2 v's not a w)

Answer by admckenzie at 12:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Thanks for your responses. I did do a search on google, but the best kinds of attorneys are usually the ones that come recommended, so I was hoping to find someone that one of you fellow minnesotans had used and were happy with. I've interviewed quite a few already and not felt they were right.
    KateeG

Answer by KateeG at 6:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I think if you want whats best for her, you will let her get to know who her dad is. She can take it from there, whether she decides she wants a relationship with him or not.
    itssweetness

Answer by itssweetness at 7:43 AM on Jan. 31, 2009