I NEED A GOOD SIPPY CUP!!!

Ok, when i was taking my daughter off the bottle at 12 months i decided to get a soft-tipped cup, figured it would be easier for her to transition and better for her still devolping teeth. she gets a sippy of water at night and cups of milk during the day in this cup ( she drinks juice from a hard-tipped cup) the type of cup i have are the gerber nuk. during the night about a week ago she had taken apart the cup and dumped it all over herself so i decided to ditch those cups. Ever since then she has had major problems going to sleep and she absolutely refuses to drink milk which is pretty dangerous at this age. I have gone through 4 different kinds of cups (munchkin, nuby, platex and a different kind of gerber cup with a soft tip that leaks really bad). I know that she has turned these cups into a bottle and I NEED to take them away but I want to find a cup that she will dink milk out of and not treat it like a bottle....

lilac84

Asked by lilac84 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just put milk in the other cups. She'll eventually drink out of it. Don't put anything else in the cups until she does drink milk from it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "dangerous" though. You can easily make up the servings of dairy with other products.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:01 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• ok, I have been just giving her milk in other cups for a little over a week and no-go....still refuses. and i cant give her other dairy products unless she is eating yogurt all day. I have been switching from cheese and yogurt for her snack and adding dairy to her dinner like a piece of cheese or something but my dr said its not enough and she needs at least 500 mg of calcium and than her daily value of the vitamins found milk, i guess i could do supplements but i'd rather just get her to drink her milk i think it would be better in the long run
    Anonymous

• I have never had playtex leak! this is the only cup that has never leaked for us. also the dr brown's training cup has worked well for us
    mylittleluvbug1

Answer by mylittleluvbug1 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• So she has drank NOTHING for a week? How is she not dehydrated!?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:44 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• she drinks OJ, regular juice and water all from her hard-tipped sippy cups, but refuses to drink milk from them, they are the hard-tipped playtex cups
    lilac84

Answer by lilac84 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• So stop giving her OJ, regular juice and water in her hard-tipped cups and ONLY offer her milk! Nothing else. Don't offer water, don't offer juice....she MIGHT go one whole day without drinking, but it's doubtful. She knows you'll give her what she wants in the other cups, so why should she drink milk? Just give her milk in them.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I like the take and toss cups. I am trying to get away from the NUbys because those jerks don't make the replacement lids in the size I want. The take and toss cups are good and don't leak too too bad.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I don't think its the cup she shouldn't have the cup to go to sleep eventually she will figure out how to open all of them try giving her the cup before bed
    Michylyn

Answer by Michylyn at 11:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2009