For those of you who's SO's play video games 24/7...?

Did your DH play video games before you met, while you were dating, and after you got married (if you've gotten that far)? I told my DH how so many women on CM say video games are ruining their marriage and he asked if women ignored this fact from the beginning?

MamaChamp

Asked by MamaChamp at 3:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• you know when i met my SO he did play video games. when we moved in together same thing. but he doesnt play them 24/7 i dont mind them actually.. he takes care of his stuff.. he's responsible and he knows what he has to do in order for us to be ok.. so i dont think their that bad!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• my hub wont play until lil one is in bed and he plays while im on the computer. relax time and a lil time apart..
    Anonymous

• my husband used to be really bad about playing games all the time. he has stopped for the moment but i think that bc he has beaten all the games he has. im actually ok with it to a certain extent. he works all day, helps me with our 2 year old, and helps with chores around the house. it started to be a problem when he THOUGHT he was gonna play these games all night and then sleep all day. no matter what time he goes to sleep-i get him up when i get up with our son. video games are fine in moderation and i dont see a problem as long as he is helping you out with every day life. JMO
    Anonymous

• Yeah thats how we are. It's not like he avoids responsibilites. When we both have a day off and I want to walk to the park he'll finish his game and go with me. If I need him to hold baby or do a diaper change he'll pause it. But he doesnt neglect me or our family so it's not a problem for us.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• mine played them when we were dating as well but not as much or he says he did play them a good bit just when i was at my place or at work. but now that we live together he plays them around me way more. He still works full time and helps out a little in the house. I usually bitch about it when he plays them too much though so he usually only plays them when little guy is taking a nap and i am in the shower or doing other things. or when I'm at work.
    punkrockmom153

Answer by punkrockmom153 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Yeah, well I mean he works 8-5. But when he comes home he like to play WoW, or he might invite his step brother over to play xbox o.o BUT I don't mind =] Yes, he played them when we were dating. And when we didn't have any children, I would hop on my laptop and play some WoW with him. Ever since I had my daughter though, I don't really play. He just started playing again, and really, I enjoy watching him play. He still helps take care of our daughter, and takes the trash out, and even sometimes help with making dinner! And if I tell him its time to stop playing, he doesn't argue. So, video games are cool with me.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My hubby plays online on our PS3 and he did this prior to our ever even meeting. It doesn't bother me because he still helps me out around the house, still spends plenty of time with me, and I enjoy watching him play. He'll get on and play when I am at work too so that he won't be bored, but if there are things that need to be done, he will make sure that he gets it done. If it ever became an issue where that's all that he did then I would hide his games, Lol.
    Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 28, 2009