has any mothers here taken sleeping tablets when pregnant???

am very worried that it could cause damage to unborn baby im jue in june and every little thing is flying through my head worried something could be wrong with the child or after the childs born all these little worry's seem to get bigger and bigger will the worry ever stop espesaily taking sleeping tablets has me most worried and am a teen mom

Hopey2k9

Asked by Hopey2k9 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its ok to take tylenol pm or Unisom sleep aide.
    Dont take any kind of asprin or ibprofen that has a sleep aide in it cause asprin and ibprofen are bad for you when pregnant. Dont stress so much that to is bad for baby just relax.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i didn't take any medications at all when i was pregnant. if i had a headache i tried taking tylenol but it didnt do anything for me... so i just toughed it out, even when i got a cold and really bad cough and sore throat, just drink some hot tea and rest a lot... don't take sleeping pills, just try to relax and enjoy it now while u can sleep. i havent been able to relax and sleep since my son was born a month and a half ago. i am up every 3 hrs and then he's awake at 7 am. i used to sleep til 11 am when i was pregnant
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i had such horrible back pain i took tylanol pm quite a bit during all my pregnancies and i have 4 healthy little ones!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• You can take Diphenhydramine. It is totally safe and can be found in these safe meds to take...

Tylenol PM
    Excedrin PM (unlike normal excedrin it doesn't contain aspirin)
    Benadryl
    Unisom (watch out though there are 2 kinds)

again just check the label for diphenhydramine. Avoid phenylephrine, aspirin, and Ibuprofen.
    Acetometiphen and Diphenhydramine are the only meds I will take while pregnant. There are others deemed safe but I am a go with what you know type

Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• ive taken sleeping medicine while being pregnant and i havent had any side effects it should be fine as long as your doctor is ok with it
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i have taken tylenol PM and my doc said i can take 15 mg of benadryl...... he prescribed me Ambien but i have not tried it yet... the tylenol and ben. didnt work for me.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Yes my doctor prescribed the ambien sleeping pill and everything is fine. Just ask your doctor!
    RoseMom215

Answer by RoseMom215 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• benadryl, and one time at the end the doc gave me ambien. Talk to your doctor. Don't listen to anyone else, if he prescribes you something I'm sure it's fine. You are the one not sleeping, not the supermoms who tell you don't take anything.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i take Unisom to sleep beccause i get anxiety and can't sleep.
    me and the baby are both fine but i would ask your OB what pills they think are okay.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2009