How many of you think.....

I am insulting anyone with my warnings of possible scenarios of gay kids? When I pass along my expertise of the scenarios I have seen time and time again, I mean no disrespect to anyone's believe, but a sense of duty to warn, just like others feel the need to pass along their faith and Bible verses.....is this disrespectful and insulting too? Because if it is, we have a hell of a lot of women here who do this daily! Is it not meant with the utmost feelings of good faith?

Asked by older at 7:41 AM on May. 7, 2012 in Religious Debate

Level 68 (2,163,849 Credits)
  • Not at all. I think some people have proven they prefer to live like an ostrich, not just on that issue, but on many others.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:44 AM on May. 7, 2012

• But I always enjoy your little tactic that comes after your views have been challenged of going to another section to ask if you're wrong, not giving the complete story and desperately looking for others to pay you on the back and tell you how wonderful you are and how awful is the meanie that didn't want to take your crap. It only reaffirms my knowledge that all your attitude is just a desperate cry of approval stemming from your own insecurities and doubts and not really the selfless and noble desire to help you claim it to be.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:11 AM on May. 7, 2012

• I don't. But you know her on Answers someone is going to be offended regardless of what is posted. You are fine, older, we enjoy reading your thoughts.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:54 AM on May. 7, 2012

• Well, when you tell a loving and caring mother that she will push her kids to suicide and actually revel in the thought, that's insulting. When you state your ways are superior and take the sanctimonious attitude that you "pray it doesn't come back to bite them" when it's obvious nothing will make you happier so you can be proven right, that's insulting. When you cannot respect that other parents know better than you what's best for their children and you have to constantly educate then in the "right" thing to do because they're too dense to know that themselves that's I insulting.
    So you can play the poor innocent victim in all this, but ultimately you are the one saying your way is the only right way and everyone else who acts differently is not concerned about the happiness and welfare of their children.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:05 AM on May. 7, 2012

• "The warnings, however, seem to fall on deaf ears because many people are more concerned with what comes After as opposed to what is happening in the here and now."

Actually no, in my case they fall on deaf ears because no one can judge what a parent in a whole different country, culture, social environment and family dynamics chooses to do when it comes to teaching values to her children. And when you add to that a perverted desire that those children blow their brains out to teach that evil mommy a lesson you can be pretty sure I'm not gonna respect or consider anything such a person has to say on the matter.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:10 AM on May. 7, 2012

• "Again, it really does go to the Being Able To See The Other Side Of The Argument. "

Absolutely. And what side would that be? The one that says "I believe diferently, but if that is what you think is better for your children, I can respect that"? Or the side that says "My way is the only right way and if you do it differently, your family will experience tragedy"?

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:38 AM on May. 7, 2012

• Deja vu...

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/1132293/How_does_this_make_me_an_extremists

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:21 AM on May. 7, 2012

• "Culture, country or social environment has nothing to do with loving a gay child"

No, and as I said, my LOVE is unconditional. But culture, country, upbringing and social environment have everything to do with condoning/not condoning certain actions and choices and how we deal with the differences in opinion with our children. It also has everything to do with what that social environment, culture and country deem "appropriate" degrees of parental involvement and acceptance of differences. And yours, my dear, is NOT universal and it's NOT the only right one.
    And if you can't accept and respect that fact, then that really is your problem and you will continue to encounter rejection and hostility by spreading your message of intolerance.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:26 AM on May. 7, 2012

• Wow this got really heated. Not completely sure if been gay is something you are born with or something you chose later on. I just know that I will accept him no matter what. And I will accept his partner too if he make him happy and treat him how he deserve. I would not think that he is choosing to be gay just to hurt me. If they feel for their own sex as I do for my opposite how can I judge that? How can anyone judge me for loving a men if that came naturally to me? If they feel the same way making them think that is wrong is like telling them they are wrong there is something wrong with them.

I would never think they choose to be gay just to hurt me or that they have another choice
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 1:44 PM on May. 7, 2012

• 1. no, i don't think that about you. i think your intentions are what you say and come from a big heart for hurting kids/families going through a tough time. keep up the good work!
    2. i don't see the ''hell of a lot'' of Bible thumpers, though. i see one incessant poster.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:44 AM on May. 7, 2012