12 year old son has horrible mood swings!

I have 5 kids and my oldest is 12 (13 in November). He has been acting like a Major pain in the neck and thinks the world revolves around him. If he doesn't get his way....OMG it's a mad house. Is this normal for boys? I know it is for girls...but boys?

sexxxymomof5

Asked by sexxxymomof5 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Boys go through puberty, too. Hormonal changes and all. Just because they don't grow boobs and start menstruating doesn't mean it's any easier...just different.

Good luck getting through it! I've got a tweener girl, and it's tough sometimes. Just remind yourself he'll be eighteen before you know it and you can kick him out(JK!).
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• My son turns 13 on thursday and this is normal for boys. although instead of a mad house when he doesn't get his way, my son sulks. I know that it's just puberty and i refuse to change the way I parent him. Hang tough he will grow out of it.
    Anonymous

• Completely normal. I had my son go through a stress management class for teens. It was awesome for him. He really learned how to relax and not get so pissy!
    AKEllen

Answer by AKEllen at 6:51 AM on Jul. 21, 2008