Anyone who has been to a fertility doctor, what should I expect at a first appt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on May. 7, 2012 in Trying to Conceive

• They should talk to you about how long you have been trying, testing that they recommend, your options for treatments, statistics regarding your age and/or weight, etc.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:02 AM on May. 7, 2012

• You will sit and talk about family history, what you have been doing to get pregnant. He will also want to check out your spouse to see if his sperm count is low. He may want a sample right then and there. They have private rooms with reading material to help. They will also want to do some blood work to see where you are at in your cycle and if the levels of hormones are at the proper levels.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:03 AM on May. 7, 2012

• A long form filled with personal questions and including you entire family's health history or age at death and cause. Discussion of treatment options and then giving you cost options. The cost options would be whether you wanted IUI, IVF and if IVF some places offer a pay for 2 IVF treatments upfront and the third if needed is free. I see you are anon but feel free to message me for anything privately. I'll share anything I know but only in private message. =)
    gracieb3

Answer by gracieb3 at 5:13 PM on May. 7, 2012

• a orientation and prescription
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 9:43 PM on May. 9, 2012