any photography moms?

My dream is to become a photographer. But every time I mention it to my bf, he says we dont have enough money, or something negative. How did you come about it. We're both still in school, and live on our own, and don't have really any extra money to spend at all. I guess I just need some other opinions besides his..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I understand you wanting to do something that could potentially help your family financially and not being able to start doing it due to the money. If you are really interested in something like photography start saving a little bit each month and put that money away do it for a year, if you are committed to doing it you will save it. Also while you are saving you can learn as much as you can now. Read online about techniques, posing, and any other helpful information. Go check out books at the library on photography and lighting. Study about it. If you are truly passionate about it it will bring you joy and your BF will notice and see you are making a FREE effort and maybe then can be a bit more supportive.

By the way men usually say negative things because they feel bad that they cannot give us everything that we want sometimes. Know he is probably not trying to hurt your feeling but trying to protect his own.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Thanks alot, that was more than the awnser I needed!
    Anonymous

• no mattter what it is ....you mention something to my husband and BOOM he automatically shoots your idea down .... well it starts to affect the self esteem after a few years of this BUT I have come to realize that he stews on it for a bit and changes his mind to YES lol
    Anonymous