• In the Spotlight:

GROWING APART?

my boyfriend and i have been together for a little over 2 and half years and have a beautiful baby boy ...before the pregnacy and about 3/4 way thru it everything was fine but now i feel like every thing is going down hill... is there anything i can do to help it ... i dont understand what is going on

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 4:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Talk , talk .talk. talk to him. don't ignore it or it will only get worse. relatioship's are hard for everyone for single people. throw a baby in the mix it get's hard. (i'm there now to) . If your fighting alot. pick your battles, and let the little thing's go. good luck & hope every thing get's better.
    Star8283

Answer by Star8283 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Talk to him, its pretty common for things to chage after you have a baby, there is a new stress added to the relationship, and it will take a little bit of time for things to get normal again
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I agree let the little stuff go and pick your battles carefully...... I am where you are things in my relationship are bad bad bad right now... I minuet i got pregnant with our 3rd baby its been all down hill from there!! He stopped wanting to do things together, great sex turned into not so great sex, and we just got really really distant!! I just had her last monday and he made me feel really bad in the hospital like everything that was happening was just discusting.... like when i was "having" her he just had to say yuck!! and then when the DR said wow your not gonna need stitches at all and he said I BEG TO DIFFER!! then when i got outta bed for the first time i told him not to look cause it was gonna be bloody but he had to look and say how nasty it was!! like i can help it and like i dont feel yucky enough!! and now i can tell he "cares" about me but i know that physical attraction is gone.... so anyway i feel ya!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• You can try to find out why he has lost interest, but he is not likely to be truthful with you. He knows that he is not obligated to if he doesn't want to. My guess is that you are now interested in settling into your nest and making a home for the child, which more than likely is not what he has in mind. Your baby needs a dad, so now you are faced with the decision of choosing whose needs are more important. It's one of the worst hazards of basing a relationship on physical attraction rather than on character. Physical attraction can disappear. Character never does.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:37 PM on Jan. 27, 2009