How should i tell my 11 and 14 year old i am pregnant again?

My son and daughter, Emma and Collin are 14 and 11 years old, and i am 4 months pregnant. I plan to tell them tonight, and i amwondering HOW! I am so afraid they will be mad. Should i let Emma help name the baby or let her choose between the names i like? Emma is 14 and is going through this stage where family is the worst thing in the world and she doesn't want to have a thing to do with us, and i'm afraid of what she will say.
Help? We are going out to eat tonight and i plan to break it to them but howw?

soccermommy391

Asked by soccermommy391 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• cont
    I was just scared of the same scenario happening again. If it weren't for that, I can only imagine being upset at the fact that there's going to be one more baby to share things with, but she's old enough now to understand that baby won't get her toys. She might even think it's cool, just keep her involved in the pregnancy.

I'm pregnant now at 22, and my siblings, now 7, 11, and 16, are super excited, and want to be in the middle of everything. When we visit my parents, my husband can't touch my belly or get in a hug edgewise because they are right there wanting to touch and talk and sing, etc. You'll be surprised.

As for how, maybe call them into the room, sit down with a bowl of ice cream, or over their favorite pizza and a movie, and just simply ask, "How would you feel if I told you we were having a new baby?" (Make sure to say "we" as including them so they don't feel left out.)
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Well my daughters only 6 and I always tell her when im past the first trimester then I just tell her shes gonna be a big sister again we just had #4
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Well that's kinda short notice...i mean for us to give you ideas. I always thought the idea of the big sister t shirts or big sister gifts was pretty cool.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i would tell them at home and if they get mad, then they will get over it. you could make them feel included by getting idea names from them but you are an adult. emma is a teenager. i was one not long ago (im 21 now) and she will probably be mad at you for alot things. its part of being a teenage girl. you think you know it all, your parents arent cool, your siblings are annoying. dont worry they will come around. :D btw i hope this wasnt taken to be rude. i really wasnt trying to be. congrats on your baby and good luck telling the kids
    Anonymous

• I was 15 when my mom was pregnant with my youngest sister. No, I wasn't very happy about it, but only because she had trouble with the pregnancy she went through when I was 11. At 11 i had to help change bedpans and sponge-bathe my mother because she was on exclusive bedrest since 5 months. She ended up coming into labor at 29wks and my sister got to spend the first 8wks of her life in an incubator, 2 hours away, at the nearest city hospital that could manage her care. It took my mom almost 3 months after giving birth to have the strength to walk to the bathroom alone to pee because her legs and abdominal muscles had deteriorated so.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:24 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• let us know how it goes Good luck and remember they may hate it now But they will come around!!
    Anonymous

• Um, just tell them....what are they going to do about it?
    Anonymous

• Just a funny idea...Don't tell them. When they wonder why you are gaining weight tell them too much junk food. Then when you bring home the baby be like Look what I found? Can we keep it? l'll take care of it and you won't have to do anything I promise. Please?
    Honestly I would jst be like "Hey, guess what? You get to have a new sibling." Asking how they would feel if you were going to have a new baby kinda makes it sound like they have a choice. Which they don't. That is like asking "You want chicken for dinner?" and they answer "no" and you say "too bad...we're having chicken for dinner". lol.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2009