Locks for luv

there's a saloon around here that cuts your hair for free if you donate to locks for luv. i'm going to be taking my oldest up there sometime during the summer and she and i will be getting our hair cut.
has anyone else done that before?

cancer runs in both sides of the family and since their grandpa died of it two years ago we do alot talking about it.

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 12:09 PM on May. 7, 2012 in Health

• I donated a 15 inch pony tail to a similar organization called wigs for kids. It seemed pretty easy to me. The salon I went to told me about it when I told them how much hair I wanted cut off and I agreed that was pretty much all it took.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 1:29 PM on May. 7, 2012

• I did it years ago when my hair was long enough. Haven't done it in a while. It's a great organization.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:10 PM on May. 7, 2012

• My mom and I have both done this numerous times. Good for you and DD!! :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:20 PM on May. 7, 2012

• Yes. After high school graduation I cut off 22 inches to donate. And I have about 20 inches I could donte now, but im waiting until DD gets her first haircut.
    I have been asked to sell my hair, because its so healthy, but I would rather donate it.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:21 PM on May. 7, 2012

• I'm actually growing my hair out now for that and having my DD grow her hair out for it as well
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:39 PM on May. 7, 2012

• I did that once at Supercuts
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 3:55 PM on May. 9, 2012

• can you tell where my mind is right now? LOL
    that's why i'm not sure if my middle one can do it. my oldest and i would have the same length but she's three inches shorter than me. when we get home from school, i'll take a picture of her and i together.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 12:43 PM on May. 7, 2012

• I don't think saloons cut hair. They deal with alcohol. I think you are going to a salon. My niece did Locks of Luv years ago. You need a minimum of 10 - 12 inches for them to do it.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 12:33 PM on May. 7, 2012