THROWING AWAY MY 19 MONTH OLDS PASI...PLEASE HELP!

MY SON IS 19 MONTHS AND IM AFRAID TO THROW AWAY HIS PASI, HE IS SO CONNECTED WITH IT, HE WONT SLEEP WITHOUT IT, CAN I GET HIM TO UNDERSTAND HE IS A BIG BOY NOW AND NO LONGER NEEDS IT AT HIS AGE? OR SHOULD I WAIT A COUPLE MORE MONTHS WHEN HE IS OLDER TO UNDERSTAND IT? PLEASE HELP!

ashb

Asked by ashb at 4:29 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Someone posted a similar question earlier and I'm going to give you what I think was the best answer to the other question. Someone suggested going to a Build a bear workshop and letting the child place his favorite paci into a stuffed animal. He then has the stuffed animal to soothe him at night.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 4:32 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• yea i'm no help, my son had his Paci to bed till he was over 2 years. I really didnt' see it as a big deal, I didn't allow him to have it unless he was sleeping. So I waited til he was old enough to understand that he didn't need it anymore. Actually he was closer to 3 years of age when we got rid of it, and that was because I would wake up in the AM and find him asleep on the couch WITHOUT his paci...soooo...I used that as leverage. We didnt' ahve any problems with him giving it up
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:35 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I don't know, my baby never had one. I tried to give him one, but he didn't like it. But I know some of my friends, just threw it away. BAM. GONE! I don't think I could do that, but it did work for them. Good luck. I know it must be hard. But I hate seeing a 2 or 3 year old with a binkie in their mouth!
    Anonymous

• Yea I can't stand seeing toddlers with them either, granted my toddler had one, but only at night, it stayed in his bed. Oh and we NEVER let him take it with us when we were out in public.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:39 PM on Jan. 27, 2009