How involved is your DH/SO in helping with your baby?

Asked by StarrMom2Xander at 1:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My fiance is really not. I am a SAHM and don't go out much because of his work hours. He has no problem watching the kids on his own if I do go somewhere, but I handle all of the day-to-day things.

Answer by whittear at 1:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• well my hubby is VERY involved with my son (his step-son) and now that our first baby together is coming well he will be as much as he can! he's deployed so he wants to experience as much as possible when the baby comes and he gets time off for him.

Answer by duckys-mom at 1:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• my SO is very much in my daughters life he gets home from work (im a SAHM) takes off his work shirt and gets on the floor and plays with her. and if i decide to go running he will take care of her he doesnt mind it or if im not feeling good he will take our daughter to the in laws for a while so i can get some rest. my favorite thing he does though is change her diapers and gives her a bath hope that answered the question

Answer by victoria101307 at 1:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• He is evolved when he can be. I do get up at night with our son and in the morning with both our kids. But I cant complain. We do things equally.

Answer by Shannon85 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My husband helps me out a lot. I am so thankful for him. A soon as he gets home for work he jumps right in. On the weekends he makes breakfast and sometimes dinner also. We have 5 kids im the house hold 2 of them we share together then I have 2 from a previous marriage and he has the 1 from a previous marriage

Answer by PunkinLPN at 2:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My hubby is super involved. He loves every part of being a dad. I didnt make the baby alone so I wont raise him alone Joey helps with everything, when he gets off work.

Answer by simplystephanie at 2:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Extremly involved. The only thing I do that he doesn't do is nurse. He was a SAHD for two months until we found a daycare we liked. He has all day Mondays with her since I work and he's home. He is home with her right now actually since he called out of work to get stuff done at home. He changes her, bathes her, takes her potty, gets her dressed, runs errands with her, puts her to bed when I'm gone/busy, feeds her, plays with her, teaches her, snuggles with her, comforts her...he's a great dad!

Answer by jaycee1124 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Well, my boyfriend, who's lived with us for 2 out of 3 of my son's years, is amazing with helping with Landon even though its not really his biological son. He is a father figure to Landon and if things go well, he will be his father growing up.

Answer by Lindsay21488 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Well I am a sahm and my fiance works 6 days a week at about 14 hours a day! So I do everything. I see it as fair that way. I don't work he does! He spends some time with our son when he gets home ya know playing with him and stuff but I do the actual taking care of him! He will help if I ask him to though!

Answer by GabbyP. at 3:23 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

Answer by AIMIE489 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2008