What is the most accurate tax calculator?

We're still waiting on a w-2 to show up but I have the last paycheck for the year so I'm pretty close with my guesstimate of how much my husband made. I've looked up and tried 3 different tax refund calculators and they range from $3000 - $6000. How do I know which one is more acurate? I'm just trying to get an idea of what we'll be getting and that's a $3K difference!

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• I use the HR block one and its sometimes accurate. Usually though I go and start entering numbers into my tax program even if I dont have the accurate ones and see what it says and not file it. Then when the W2 comes in I go back and correct it with the right numbers and then submit.

Answer by gemgem at 4:42 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Ok. I just wondered if maybe some of these big companies like H&R Block or Jackson Hewitt make the amount seem bigger on their calculators to get more business.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2009