Dog moms. How often do you sweep/mop your floors?

We just got a dog. Well, adopted him 2 weeks ago and I have to mop and sweep the kitchen tiles a dozen times a day! I am going nuts. The hair, the dirt, the food, the dripped water. This dog is disgusting.

Tesserae

Asked by Tesserae at 3:00 PM on May. 7, 2012 in Pets

• LOL... that's the bad part about a dog. However, for me, the company and the guarding he does makes him well worth it! I bought swiffer the kitchen floor, which is ceramic tile, about every two days. I sweep or vacuum the kitchen every day. The carpet, I vacuum about 1-2 times a week depending how busy I am.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:01 PM on May. 7, 2012

• We have 3 dogs. I vacuum every day. I use the swiffer with the disposable pads every couple days. Our main rooms are hard wood, and I keep the (carpeted) bedroom doors closed during the day and vacuum those rooms once a week.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:19 PM on May. 7, 2012

• Oh - I know that feeling! I have 2 Pomeranians ...and they are shedding their winter coat right now - hair everywhere! So, yes.... I sweep and vacuum a lot !!!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 9:22 AM on May. 8, 2012

• We have a Sheltie & a black Lab (& also a cat). I sweep daily, vacuum 2-3 times/week, & mop 1-2 times/week. On nice days, the dogs do spend most of the day outside though.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 10:48 AM on May. 8, 2012

• Because of a long hair cat- everyday! for sweeping and vacuuming. mopping meh- once a week.

for dripped water under a water bowl? have you considered a placemat?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• i have an ultra long placemat. the lazy butt lays in front of the bowl and slops it everywhere!!! lol Or, and this is even better, he'll do a "drive by drinking" where he'll immerse his face in the water bowl then drool it all over for a 12 ft radius. He's a truly "special" animal.
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2012