To close for comfort.. AFFAIR?

If you just have an talking nothing sexual, emotinal affair is that bad? Like if you dont ever talk about your SO or theres? Its just best friend hear say? But no one else knows its going on, is it an affair or just a small to far crush thing? ITS NOTHING SEXUAL at all so dont go there...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that it's good to have friends whether guy or gal. I mean if you go to work and talk to a guy every day there, what is the difference.
    courtneyleigh16

Answer by courtneyleigh16 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Emotional affairs can sometimes be just as devastating for all involved. The reason being is that you should be disussing the personal things and every day life things with your spouse, that is what marriage is all about. I can relate, trust me.. but it is wrong, unless you are talking about strictly a friend, but from your question, I am sure you are not. Anytime emotions are involved, someone will get hurt.
    Anonymous

• If it's something you cannot tell your spouse then it's wrong. If my DH was keeping a person in his life a secret from me I would feel cheated...
    Anonymous

• No, it's not ok. It's called an emotional affair. Try to picture how you would feel if your husband was having secret meetings w/ another woman, even if they weren't having sex. Your being secretive, & that is dis-honest. There is also a chance that it can escalate, & most of the time it does. You need to cut this out w/ this guy if you want to keep a healthy marriage. You will start comparing him to your husband. emotional affairs can feel just as deceitful as a physical affair, they are very painful.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• An affair doesn't have to be purely physical. Emotional affairs are devastating and hurt. I know, I am a victim of one. My husband never got physical with his coworker but she made him laugh, and feel good about himself, and he talked to her. It was a very trying time in our relationship, and one I wont forget because it hurt and I felt betrayed.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:46 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• If its something you would keep secret from your SO, then something is wrong...
    Anonymous

• In my opinion, cheating is doing anything you wouldn't want your husband to do, or wouldn't want him to find out you're doing.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• If you feel guilty about it then maybe there is a problem but if you feel ok about it and he feels ok about it then what's the harm? It's possible talking to you he can learn how to better communicate with his so and you can learn more about how men think and learn how to talk more with your so. Plus if there is no marriage then there was no vow to forsake all others anyway. Before marriage is when you DO find others and see who is right for you in this life. So I do not think it is cheating.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:21 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• If you feel strange doing it, then somethings not right.
    Anonymous

• Yep it's an affair, and to top it off it's worse then having a one night stand, it's a slap in the face to your SO because you chose to seek the comfort from another man emotionally. It's obvious you feel guilty and you should. Put the shoe on the other foot.
    Anonymous