Anyone live in Oklahoma?

We have the opportunity to move there for a really good job for DF. DOes anyone know much about it? I have heard some bad things so I am just confused. It would be in the area of Oklahoma City and surrounding areas.

xredstarsx

Asked by xredstarsx at 5:06 PM on May. 7, 2012 in Home & Garden

• I like Oklahoma. I have a special fondness for Enid
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 5:08 PM on May. 7, 2012

• omg..there is bad anywhere. what you need to do is figure out what is important to you: neighborhood/school district, close to shopping (which is anywhere), commute to his job, etc.
    i will say, from personal experience (i'm from OKC) and going back/forth the last 20yrs to visit/shop/etc, there are areas of town I WOULD NOT want to live in. you need to contact a real estate agent and find out what is available to rent..some do manage rentals, some don't. you'll just have to call around.
    you could start with his job/co-workers..get an earful from them about neighborhoods, etc.
    there are private schools aplenty, if that's your game.
    you could try looking up local/OKC websites for newcomers or topix.com..it has all sorts of clicky/links to check out about the town.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:40 PM on May. 7, 2012

• I would say stay away from the south side of OKC. Edmond is a really nice place, Norman and Moore are good too, all are close to OKC. I would start with those.
    Conmom456

Answer by Conmom456 at 5:49 PM on May. 7, 2012

• what do you mean, bad things? I peaked at your profile and it says you are from WA, right? so differences would be moving from a more liberal area to a more conservative area. We have lots of space in Oklahoma so we spread out. the metro is one of the largest in the US in terms of land size. But since it is not as densely populated, traffic isn't as big of a problem as it is in most big cities.

and the OKC Thunder rock!
    zetajen

Answer by zetajen at 12:35 PM on May. 8, 2012