How can I break my 3 year old girl from peeing in her bedroom at night?

She doesn't have anything to drink at least 3 hours before bed and she does go pee and poop in the toilet before getting into bed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, some kids can't help it and have to grow out of it. You may have to wake her up before you go to bed and have her use the potty then too. Good luck
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• In her bedroom? Does she get up and pee in the corner, or is she wetting the bed? If she is peeing on the floor, put the potty in her room at night. If she is wetting the bed, just put a pull up on her. Hopefully she grows out of it soon, but you might be dealing with it for a while!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Wake her up and take her to the potty.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I have to put a pull up on my 3 yo at night. She is fine all the rest of the times. I'm to the point where I just talk to her about it. I have offered her a reward. When she starts to sleep in big girl underwear, she will get a toy that she has been wanting. I'm just waiting for her to grow out of it. I know it can take a while. 1% of all 15 year olds still wet the bed, according to my ped.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 12:12 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• Use a pull up for now. Maybe try waking her up before you go to bed or sometime in the night to go potty. Potty training during hours of sleep can be really hard and some kids have to seek a doctor for persciptions to help. Don't get discouraged if she continues to do so.
    JJzMaMa87

Answer by JJzMaMa87 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• My husband is 25 and still does this...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 AM on Jul. 21, 2008