Anyone had to fill out section B (work-search record) for unemployment?

I am a substitute teacher's aide currently (have worked for preschools as well) for a couple different school districts and got steady work for a few months until the staff I was filling in for returned.

Now I am going on my last extension of unemployment and will be required to fill out section B. What I'm wondering is-(and please if you answer let me know if you'e speaking from experience or not) whether they are satisfied if you look for work or if they require you apply for places. I live in an area with an extra-high unemployment rate and many times when I search the only jobs available are ones that I do not even qualify for!!

purplerobin

Asked by purplerobin at 5:44 PM on May. 7, 2012 in Money & Work

• They require that you apply in my state. But they don't check up on your applications. I don't think they care if you get the job or qualify for it but they care that you are filling out applications
    Anonymous

• In Illinois you are required to have five contacts a week.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:57 PM on May. 7, 2012