Paranoid about my 3 year olds red eyes

I know it's been a rough year for allergies in my area, but I've never had them really, so i don't know what it's like. The redness is just in one eye, and only on one side. She says it doesn't itch her or bother her, which bothers me even more, cause don't allergy eyes itch? It also comes and goes, but has been fairly consistant for a little over a week. My DH and friends think I'm being paranoid,and they're possibley right as I am a worry wart, but is this common? For allergies? Or My step brother says maybe a growth spurt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on May. 7, 2012 in Kids' Health

• Well you didn't mention if there was any discharge which would implicate pink eye. If you are truly concerned have her seen by a pediatrician. That way you know and can treat appropriately. Pink eye is contagious as I'm sure you already know. Probably just a little conjunctivitis.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:31 PM on May. 7, 2012

• Did you talk to her Doc yet?? If your worried that's a good place to start!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:31 PM on May. 7, 2012

• Even without discharge she can have Pink Eye and she will need to be treated as Pink Eye is highly contagious. I have had Pink Eye without discharge.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:03 PM on May. 7, 2012