Ttc.

Hello I have a question.. ok my af is off and for some odd reason I don't have one it could be from when I had the depot shot back in December but I go to the Dr on April 10 ok if my Dr put me on bcp how long should I take them untill af gets right? And when af does get right will I ovulate?

ms.keisha17

Asked by ms.keisha17 at 8:18 PM on May. 7, 2012 in Trying to Conceive

• Sadly there really is no way for me to answer these questions for you. The doctor put you on birth control pills for how long? One month or three? Once he/she takes you off the pill he/she will let you know what you can expect and will teach you how to track your ovulation

The depo shot absolutely is likely the cause of your cycles being off. It can take a while for them to regulate again.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 8:30 PM on May. 7, 2012

• Ok thanks
    ms.keisha17

Comment by ms.keisha17 (original poster) at 8:32 PM on May. 7, 2012

• It could be a couple of months... I'm sorry. I was on 2 shots of DEPO ad it messed me up for months! Good luck. :)
    Byrd15

Answer by Byrd15 at 3:01 PM on May. 8, 2012

• Sadly birth control in any form really does throw off your game, but don't be stressed or worried, when you do start getting your regular cycle back go ahead and then start looking into ovulation predictors and such, I personally just used an online ovulation prediction calender and than got super busy that whole week :P, now baby 2 is on the way! But I had a Mirena in two years ago and it has taken over a year to establish those regular cycles....I hope this helps a little!
    CassaLuna

Answer by CassaLuna at 4:43 PM on May. 9, 2012

• Thanks
    ms.keisha17

Comment by ms.keisha17 (original poster) at 6:53 PM on May. 9, 2012

• fingers crossed

GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 9:42 PM on May. 9, 2012

• Yayy af came on its on about time
    ms.keisha17

Comment by ms.keisha17 (original poster) at 11:08 AM on May. 10, 2012