My almost 8 month son has poop in his diaper for almost every diaper change! It seems to look normal. I am just not sure if it is normal for him to poop abour 5 times a day? This has been going on for the past 3-4 days.

It seems to look normal. I am just not sure if it is normal for him to poop abour 5 times a day? This has been going on for the past 3-4 days.

Iamamummie

Asked by Iamamummie at 10:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you changed his diet recently? Sometimes thats a factor. If his stool isnt loose or runny then I probably would be too concerned, but you can give him pedialyte just to make sure he's not getting dehydrated and if you're just really concerned then you can always ask your pediatrician.
    Oldham80

Answer by Oldham80 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• if everything looks normal, it probably is. If there are other symptoms, fever, rash, etc. it may be something but being the mother of four children, they do poop frequently and they say that you should (if enough fiber in your diet) poop frequently !! If he's still on formula and is healthy otherwise I wouldnt be concerned. If it means peace of mind, call your dr's nurse and tell her and see if dr wants to see him.
    crzybch

Answer by crzybch at 11:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Mine started the same when I introduced him to solid food. Lots of fiber in fruits and veggies. My doctor said as long as it wasn't runny or had other symptoms it was fine and to be glad it wasn't the opposite problem.
    HesMyLife22508

Answer by HesMyLife22508 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I know "they" say its not related, but every time my son is getting teeth, he poops more and it is much looser. No other symptoms. Consider it if you think he might be teething.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2008