ANY GOOD IDEAS FOR EASY SNACKS KIDS CAN PUT TOGETHER THEMSELVES?

I AM MENU PLANNING FOR A GROUP OF CHILDREN RANGING FROM 12 MONTHS THROUGH 5 YEARS. THANKS:)

islandGirls417

Asked by islandGirls417 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• trail mix, cracker sandwiches, apples and peanut butter
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 4:54 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Peanut butter or cream cheese in celery sticks

An easy dessert is chocolate icing between two graham crackers

fruit skewers- a couple grapes, apple chunk, banana slice and so forth on a small skewer or on a toothpick.

Answer by Bmat at 4:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I get carrots, broccoli, ranch dressing, raisins, toast, cheese for cheese sandwiches, string cheese, cottage cheese bowls, apples, grapes, fruit cups, cheese crackers and things like that.

Answer by gemgem at 5:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My kids are 4 and 9, we have always had a "pizza night". They have a blast making their own pizzas, placing the toppings and brushing on the olive oil and sauce, etc.. My eldest usually takes over as the lead chef which is great 'cause it gets the two of them to interact just a bit more.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 6:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Menu planning for a group, huh? before you get yourself all set up, check and see if any of the kids that are not yours have peanut or tree nut allergies. If they do, DO NOT serve snacks that contain any of these treats to any of the other children. Many of these allergies are contact based and can be extremely dangerous, even life threatening.

You can have them make pizzas on mini bagels or english muffins. I like cheese and crackers, and all of the other snack ideas previously listed.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:49 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• IF none of the kids have nut allergies, then I suggest making a simple fruit dip with a jar of marshmallow fluff and 8 oz cream cheese (you just mix it together with a hand mixer), set out a jar of nutella, some graham crackers, sliced strawberries and bananas and apples. They can use these items to make different things. Mine like to either just dip the fruit into the fruit dip, or spread the dip onto the graham crackers and top with strawberries, or spread nutella on the graham crackers and top with bananas, or even just dip the apples into the nutella. It's also a somewhat healthy snack too. If they have nut allergies, I suggest sorbets of different flavors with chopped fruits to mix in, melted chocolate for dipping fruits in, or a veggie tray with ranch dressing.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:28 AM on Jan. 28, 2009